Owen's birthday party was the best day ever. Almost everyone Owen loves was there (Aunt Kelly, Uncle Justin and Miller weren't able to come because baby Ryder was just too tiny to make the trip.), there was great food, amazing decorations, and a fun time had by all.
Teri came up with the idea for this party when I was still hugely pregnant. She suggested that the party should be a fiesta because I was chowing down on my millionth pregnancy burrito in the staff lounge one day. :) It was crazy to think that that party actually came!
Denise and Delena grow were responsible for all of the decorations. I showed them some of my ideas from pinterest, and they just went crazy. I love how much they love Owen, and the loving care they put into each part of the party just means so much to us.
 |
| Photo booth |
 |
| Party favors |
 |
| Aunt "Manda" and baby John John posing it up |
 |
| Isabelle got us real, Mexican papel-picado streamers from LA! |
 |
| Fiesta Cupcakes |
 |
| Also made by Aunt Denise and Nana Grow |
 |
| Owen's special sombrero smash cake |
 |
| So. Many. Presents. |
 |
| My favorite part of the decorations. I was so happy with how the front door came out. |
 |
| Owen did really great all day, but was just kind of stunned and bewildered as to what was happening. Also notice my amazing fiesta fascinator I was wearing. |
 |
| Gracie and Baby John John became good friends. |
 |
| Full kitchen, full of people and great food! |
 |
| Owen with Pops and Grandpa. Two of his favorite people. |
 |
| Excited for the cake, even though he has no idea what's about to happen. |
 |
| I realized that my biggest mistake was not having him learn to feed himself before this day! It never really occurred to me that he wouldn't want to even touch the cake since he'd always eaten from a spoon. |
 |
| I had to show him how. |
 |
| Finally getting the hang of it. |
 |
| Probably the best pic of the day. He was a little overwhelmed that everyone was watching him and cheering for him! |
 |
| He didn't want to be done, but he didn't want to eat anymore either. He was started to get tired by this point, poor baby. :) |
 |
| He felt better after a quick bath. |
 |
| He just wanted his binky and for pops to hold him. I opened his presents, and showed him what he got. |
 |
| Of course Vanessa gave him some new chucks. :) |
 |
| Our present to him was this walker tractor. He played with Miller's, and loved it. It was funny watching him learn how to use it with all of the kids around him. |
 |
Celebrating a long and great day with a bath and his cousin John John.
|
He did such a great job. We based the day around what he needed, so it was a little shorter than I expected it to be, but it was perfect for him. He got enough attention to feel loved, but not so much that he got too overwhelmed. He enjoyed being with pops and all of the people who love him, but was also glad to have the quiet when everyone went home.
We are so proud of and thankful for this big, one year old boy. We are thankful for all of the people in his life that love him, and that we got to spend this time together to celebrate his special day.
No comments:
Post a Comment