On a more positive note, I joined a gym and met Teri there yesterday to do yoga. I still haven't turned on the tv since we got home, and I am finding I like the quiet and that I don't miss it that much. I am waking up earlier and trying to be outside more. I am also keeping track of my exercise and energy level to see if I can tell any improvements over time.
On the down side, I've been finding it extremely difficult to concentrate (it took me all day yesterday to finish a homework assignment that should have taken less than an hour). I am wondering if this is due to a lack of multi-tasking? Or just coming off of a vacation?
I am still motivated, but just losing that all-is-right-with-the-world feeling that only lasts the day after vacation. John is my hero in this: he had to come straight back to work and didn't complain a bit. He is very mature about realizing that if he dwells on how he is not on vacation he won't be able to do his job and be a happy person.
Obviously, I am not there yet, but I am working on it!
PS Check back with me about this in a month...
No comments:
Post a Comment