This song works for me in the best way, and I don't know why.
It's called "Sinister Kid" by the Black Keys.
Believe it or not, my dad discovered these guys while standing in the sweltering desert at Coachella. (How many people can say that?)
Holla at me Kalinda: Does this work for you too? I know you are always looking for new music to write to...
Add that to the fact that I have loved THIS song:
for ages, and I think that the Black Keys might be one of my new favorites.
PS Did you like my use of "urban language?" Holla!
PPS I am posting this right now in an effort to distract myself from the fact that John is still not home from work, that I am not at the beach yet, and that I am sitting in a sweltering house. Blerg.
PPPS Hopefully my next post will contain lovely, happy, beachy thoughts and photos.
3 comments:
well I introduced dad to the black keys before he ever saw them at coachella! so direct your urban language toward that! ;)
You are too cool for us all, homie.
I'm with you on the please, thank you, and you're welcome part (I can tell you read my bloggggg ;) ), but ya lost me on The Black Keys (sorry!) I, in fact, did try them as I wrote _Degrees of Broken_ (I used Pandora for a bit to try to find new inspiration, and they kept coming up, based on my preferences of Remy Zero, The Cold War Kids, and Kasabian--??? I don't think they're like those bands), but they juuuuust didn't do it for me.
Try some Kasabian on for size this summer. You also might like Shelby and Cinjun's old side project as brothers: Spartan Fidelity. Only one album; they were supposed to do three, but with Shelby in Cambodia indefinitely and Cinjun doing his own stuff on the East coast, it's not going to happen, sadly--very sadly.
Post a Comment