Today is our 2nd wedding anniversary, tomorrow is the 3rd anniversary of the day we met.
I decided to commemorate the day by filling out this survey (I didn't have to think about what to write, I just answered the questions!) and by making collages of some of my favorite pictures.
1. How old were you? 27
2. What jobs did you and your fiance / husband have? John hadn't gotten hired yet because he had just moved to SoCal. I was a teacher on Summer break.
3. How long was your engagement? We got engaged January 12th, but had set the date for our wedding months before we were engaged. We got married almost exactly one year after we met.
4. What shape of diamond is your wedding ring? Square. (In fact, I knew we were getting engaged soon when John called me out of the blue, not even saying HI!, just "Is it the square one? or the round one?" I told him "square" and he hung up. He told me later he didn't want me to be mad at him for getting the wrong one.)
5. What season were you married in? Summer
6. Who married you? Rod Boston
7. Who was your maid / matron of honor? My sister Kate Thomas. (Kim was also my Matron of Honor, but I took mercy on her and didn't make her stand since she had just had a baby 10 days before!)
8. Was your wedding dress white? yes, with sparkles
9. What were your colors? orangey red, yellow, light green, lots of plaids, polka dots and of course, the lovebirds
10. How many bridesmaids? 5, representing different times in my life: Kate, of course, then Aubrey and Melissa because we'd been friends since childhood (and Melissa introduced us!), Vanessa as a more recent friend, and Kelly because when I married John I got her too as my "Bonus Sister!"
11. Did you have a flower girl and/or ring bearer? I had Flower "Children" because I had too many cousins to pick just one. It was actually an idea I had been carrying around for years, but my timing wasn't quite right since Madison felt she was too old and cool to be a flower "child" anymore. :)
12. What flowers did you have for your bouquet? Silk red, green, yellow and white ranunculus and John and I found randomly at a little boutique store (that he didn't even want to go in!)I bought out the entire store!
13. What kind of flowers did your bridesmaids carry? Their bouquets were the same as mine, just a little smaller. I was so thankful for "Grandma" Delena who was able to make all of the bouquets and corsages with the flowers that I bought. I was so relieved that they wouldn't all be dead, and that I wouldn't have to wait for them to be in season.
14. Did the groom wear a black tux? Yes, a classic black tux with 3 buttons, a vest and a black bow tie. He looked hot, but unfortunately felt hot too. I heard later that the tuxes were akin to wearing plastic garbage bags in 100 degree heat.
15. Where was the ceremony? The Mesa Courtyard at Rancho Cucamonga Central Park
16. Did you wear comfortable shoes or neck-breaker high heels? I wore stupid high heels that I bought without thinking. Of course I see the shoes I wanted (silver flats with sparkles or diamonds on the toe) almost daily now!
17. Who gave you away? My dad. It was funny to see him so serious and formal.
18. What was the most memorable part of the ceremony? I kept telling myself "LOOK AROUND!! You are going to want to remember this the rest of your life!" I don't remember much about the ceremony, because I was trying to look around and take in all of the details. John would say that his more memorable part was no one coming to get him and the guys to start, and that he had to push everyone out the door when he saw my mom walking down the aisle.
19. Did you have a reception? Yes, in the hall just next to the courtyard. It was decorated perfectly with paper flowers and centerpieces. I was so thankful to Nina and Sara for lovingly setting up all of the decorations, and to all of my 2nd moms for getting the food ready.
20. What was your favorite gift? Probably the quilt that my mom made me because it was exactly what I had envisioned, and it was such a surprise. Teri also gave me a charm bracelet that I loved. I loved all of the presents that we got, and always think of who gave them to us when I use them!
21. What was your least favorite gift? A lady at school obviously regifted a set of crystal picture frames. They were perfectly nice, but not really my taste. I have been regifting them ever since!
22. What kind of cake did you have? My cake was perfect. The lady who made it was really digging on the lovebirds image, and loved all of the colors. The cake was white with white frosting, but with polka dots and swirls that matched my colors all over it. There were also cupcakes that matched. My favorite part was that she made the lovebirds out of sugar and fondant to go on top!
23. Disc Jockey or Live Band? I lovingly made the perfect mix on my ipod to play during the reception. My uncle Marc was in charge of controlling the volume and the mix, which was pretty special because he did the same thing for my parent's wedding, but with records, of course!
24. What was the name of the song for your first dance? No boogeying down at my wedding (and no drinking either! We toasted with dr. pepper!). Some of the songs I remember playing were "Under Control" by the Strokes, "The Frog Prince" by Keane, "Mint Car" by the Cure, "Secret Love" by Doris Day and "Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash (this was a crowd pleaser!)
25. Who caught the bouquet? my 10 year old cousin Makenna
26. What kind of vehicle did you leave in? We have a picture of us pretending to leave in the John Deere Gator that was parked outside, but we actually left in my beloved Mini Cooper, Gemma. (I still miss her everyday.)
27. If you could change one thing about your wedding day what would you change? my shoes, the organization of the day (where should we meet the photographer? Where should John's family wait? Who is communicating with everyone?) and my hair (the practice updo looked better than the actual day!) Other than that, everything was perfect, and exactly how I wanted it!
Date: July 26, 2008
Time: 10:30 am
Weather: HOT!!
EDIT: I think that I saved this survey when it was partially done, and for some reason that is the post that got published first. Sorry if anyone saw the survey only half done!
4 comments:
Why isn't the whole survey compelted? I was so into it! You've left me hangin', girlfriend! :)
Fixed it! :)
HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY!
That's more like it! I would have been sooo bummed to not read that you toasted with DP (Rob's faaave). I bet he was a happy camper :) P.S. your pics look so lovely and so YOU. Love it all!
Post a Comment