I was so excited when I found out my school shower would be at Teri's house. Walking into Teri's house is like walking into an interior design catalog, and it just makes me happy to be there. Usually school showers are held at school, so I was flattered that people were willing to leave school (in the middle of report card week!) to come to my shower.
Again, we got lots of useful stuff, and I continue to be overwhelmed by how caring and giving the people in our lives are.
 |
| They chose a Dr. Seuss theme, which was perfect because his birthday was Friday. Teachers are SO thematic. :) |
 |
| "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" cupcakes. There were lots of other tasty treats there, like fruit, cheese and crackers, veggies and dip. |
 |
| The decoration in the kitchen was the clothesline with clothes for me to take. The second item was a Thomas the Tank Engine sweatshirt, which was a complete coincidence that happens to be (most likely) his middle name. |
 |
| My sweet co teacher Julie made me these amazing chocolate covered strawberries! |
 |
| Since I teach a combo class, K and 1st Grade both threw the shower. They all did such a great job, and are SO helpful to me everyday, not just at parties! |
 |
| One of my favorites: Miss Pat. I love imitating her New Yawk accent when she tells stories in the staff lounge at lunch. She was sweet enough to get a gift just for me, a fancy bottle of Philosophy soap which is a brand we both love. |
 |
| Tina had twins a little over a year ago, and I love getting her advice. We can also talk about celebrities and their children to no end. |
 |
| My mom went from being "Gail, the librarian" (and I was known as her daughter that would ask for college observation hours in people's classrooms) at Deer Canyon, to being "Molly's mom who helps out in her classroom." I was so glad she was able to come, and to see everyone that she used to work with! |
 |
| Couldn't make it through the day without this one. |
 |
| A drying rack that looks like grass. I just thought it was cute. |
 |
| Tina is known for making these blankets. I was so excited to get one from her! And, it matches his room exactly. |
 |
| More Dr. Seuss. |
 |
| Teri was so sweet to get a gift for my mom, from one grandma to another. |
 |
| Teri organized an awesome group gift and got us our stroller and car seat combo! I love it so much and can't wait to use it. |
 |
| At the beginning of this year, I knew that I was pregnant and no one else did. Before I could even announce it, 2 other teachers announced that they were too! They are both due 2-4 weeks ahead of me, and it has been fun to compare bumps and symptoms throughout the year. It is true though: don't drink the water at Deer Canyon unless you want to be pregnant. I think ours is the 15th (?) baby born to staff at school in the 7 years I have been there! We want to recreate this pic when the babies come: they will be Courtney, Olivia and Owen. :) |
 |
| The infamous Michele Raichelles who can read my mind, understand my crazy and bust me on grammar and spelling. |
2 comments:
<3
Oops! it's true, I really love it.
Post a Comment