Monday, March 19, 2012

Overheard in Room 4, Baby edition

Student: When is your baby coming?

Teacher: I am not sure. Babies decide when they want to come, and we can't really ask them, can we?

Student: If you open your mouth really big then we can ask him, really loud.

**

Teacher: I just want to show you on the calendar that my doctor told me that on this day (pointing to 3/26) I need to start staying home in bed.

Students: Why?

Teacher: When a baby is coming, sometimes the mom needs to rest with her feet up. And if I am resting with my feet up, can I come here and be your teacher?

Students: Noooooo.

Student 1: You could have Mr. Bryson carry your bed to school and still be our teacher!

Teacher: A good idea, but do you think that would really work?

Students: Nooooooo.

Student 2: Wait, you said in bed with your feet up?

Teacher: Yes, why?

Student 2: Do you mean like this?
lays on his back with his legs in the air
Because that doesn't seem comfortable.

Teacher: laughs No, I mean like my feet out, like when you sit on the couch and you put your feet on the footstool.

Student 2: Ooooohhhh, that makes more sense.

**

Student 3 watching me eat a donut that a student brought in for his birthday treat: Mrs. Bryson, you shouldn't eat that, babies can't have sugar.

Teacher: I know I shouldn't, I am just having a bite.

Student 3: Your baby's gonna get all hyper and start bouncing off the walls inside you like this.
pretends to crash into a wall and fall down on the ground

Teacher: You are right, no more donuts for me.

**

Students, on multiple occasions: How did he get in there, and how will he get out?

Teacher: Why don't you talk to your mom about that when you get home?