Saturday, March 31, 2012

Want to know how I really feel?

You know that part when Katniss is about to get into the tube that will take her up to the Hunger Games?

When she is positively quivering with fear, eyes wide, hands clenched and she looks at Cinna/Lenny Kravitz (who was perfect, by the way) who nods at her calmly?

You know, when he is being encouraging with his eyes, like "You can do this," and her face is showing that she is thinking "That is easy for you to say. How do you know I can do this?"

Well, I don't have the quivering or the clenched hands, but that's pretty much how I feel about labor.

It doesn't help that the hospital has that shiny, brand new look like everything at the Capital. And that anxiety about going into an arena with all eyes on you not knowing the outcome is a pretty palpable feeling.

I guess I should take comfort in the fact that Katniss does actually "do it." She does win, even though it's hard. That's what everybody says about birth, that it's hard, but you survive it, and then its over and you love your baby. I guess I can too.

At least I won't need a bow and arrow.

The other thing? Maybe seeing The Hunger Games today was not the greatest idea. :)

No comments: