His room finally feels done! I am so happy with how it came out, and happy that everything is organized. Everyone has asked if I have a "theme" and my answer is always that I like bright colors and that I really wanted it to be a room for myself since I am the one who will be awake in the middle of the night in there. It is very kid friendly, but I like that it doesn't feel cheesy or fancy. It was not extremely expensive, but we tried to pick out pieces that will last a while. All of the pieces will work for him as he gets older, or this may stay a baby room when we have our next one, we will see.
I would be remiss in not mentioning the amount of help that John, my mom and Aunt Judy were. John was the "muscle" who showed up with the drill and the tools when we needed him to put something together or move something. My mom and Aunt Judy were the sometime financiers (they always seemed to show up with something the room needed that I hadn't even thought of!) and carry-er outers of crazy ideas I would have. I am thankful for all of them and their help in putting this all together.
 |
| The view from the hallway. |
 |
| The pictures on the wall are where I got the inspiration for the colors and feel in the room. I bought them at an educational store before I was even pregnant, just because I liked the colors and the birds. I always thought I would be more likely to display letters, but since I know he will always spend time with books and I don't like math as much, numbers are probably good to always have in front of his eyes. I am SUCH a teacher. :) |
 |
| I think I will rotate the quilt that is hanging on the side of the bed because he has so many to choose from! |
 |
| I don't love stuffed animals, but I love these. |
 |
| All of his blankets. I will have to make sure that I rotate his blankets so they all get used! |
 |
| Starting him out right. |
 |
| Everything is organized in his closet. Clothes for church and having his picture taken hanging up, drawers full of burp clothes, recieving blankets and sheets, and baskets full of newborn and 0-3 clothes for everyday and middle of the night. |
 |
We took the numbers 1 and 2 bird card into Home Depot to pick the paint colors what feels like forever ago. I can't believe the room is now done!
|
I want to enjoy how nice it looks right now, before there is stink and screaming and lack of sleep associated with this room. :)
1 comment:
i love it all!
Post a Comment