Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Something that I never thought would happen.

John liked something "healthy" that I didn't, and it's really bothering me.

I have been buying different kinds of milk every once and a while, just to see what I can get away with. I have bought chocolate almond milk and vanilla soy milk at different times, but John was never into any of them.

I wanted to find out if there was an alternative that he liked, and maybe try that out on the baby when he is big enough. John has a dairy allergy, and that made me realize that my parents have talked about adverse reactions to milk. That has made me wonder what kinds of reactions the baby will have to it.  I LOVE milk, but in the name of health (and cost effectiveness, since organic milk is best but it so expensive) I would be willing to give it up.

This week I decided to try vanilla coconut milk from fresh and easy. John loves coconut, and even though I don't, I thought I would try it. It's more of a texture than flavor thing for me, since it tastes like eating paper in it's dried form, I thought maybe I would like it as milk.

John REALLY surprised me by pouring a whole glass of it when having some cookies last night. He liked it! Imagine my surprise, then, when I took a big drink and almost gagged! Apparently I really don't like the taste of coconut...

I guess I should just be happy that John liked something alternative for once, but I'm bummed that it wasn't something I liked too! Now I know how he feels when I keep stuff he doesn't like in the house, because my nightly bowl of cereal won't happen tonight since I don't have any good milk. Makes sense now why he doesn't want a quesadilla when I only have whole wheat tortillas or tea when it's sweetened with splenda instead of sugar.

Oh well. :)

No comments: