I can't believe I have been lucky enough to have 3 baby showers in 2 weeks! It felt really funny to go to so many showers without helping set up or clean up, or decorate or come up with games. I couldn't help but think back to many of the baby showers that I have been to or helped with, and it is so surreal to think that I am the grown up mom having showers thrown for me.
As I said, we are so overwhelmed and thankful for the amount of gifts and love we have felt from so many, from all over. We are so blessed by those who gave gifts, gave their time, gave their words of encouragement and love. Our baby is so blessed to have so many people who love him already, and can't wait to see him and be an influence in his life.
Our last shower was thrown by Denise and Delena, and was held at Kim's house. Denise loves being intricate and paying attention to the details, so she chose a candy theme and had fancy little finger foods.
 |
| The table full of nibbles, decorated with apothecary jars full of candy and popcorn. |
 |
| This was just one of the options, Chinese Chicken salad in little edible wonton cups. Yummy! |
 |
| This was my absolute FAVORITE, made by Vanessa. They taste better than Chik-Fil-A. I could have eaten this whole plate, but I decided to share... |
 |
| Even the tables were decorated to look like candy. |
 |
| The dessert table. |
 |
| Denise got the frosting idea from pinterest. :) |
 |
| I love their friendship, that they are sisters in Christ, who support each other. |
 |
| I was so glad Aunt Emma was in town and that Aunt Judy brought her to the shower! |
 |
| Sweet Portia was healthy enough to be at the shower! |
 |
| Sweet girls who are so helpful and willing to do anything you ask them to do! |
 |
| Lori and Shirley. Shirley wins the award for most grammatically correct baby shower card. :) |
 |
| Denise and my honorary Grandma Delena |
 |
| One of the games involved me leaving the room. |
 |
| Everyone had to answer questions about what I was wearing (which is why I had to leave the room) |
 |
| Demonstrating my outfit. |
 |
| The answer to the question "How many times has Molly gone to the bathroom since the party started?" |
 |
| I couldn't help thinking back to Dylan's shower, having Kim help me open my presents. We also agree that SOMEONE in the room must have had a big secret, because I knew I was pregnant at Sarah's shower in August, but no one else did. She said it's not her, so we will have to wait a little while to see if someone really does have a secret. |
 |
| Grandma Delena has been talking about what she has been making since she found out we were having a boy. She made the cutest bee and bee blanket and hat, and also gave us some cute outfits. |
 |
| Gracie has been working hard with my mom to sew me some surprises. All by herself she made a tote bag out of the extra curtain fabric in his room, bibs with his name on it, and this lovie I am holding up. She was extra certain to explain that it has minky on it (which is her favorite thing) so it will be soft for his face, and the ribbons around the outside are all different textures so he can play with them and pull on them. She is pure in heart, and I love her sweetness. |
 |
| Caryl got him the cutest suede jacket. We all imagined him being a big boy with cowboy boots and a plaid shirt to look like John in a few years. :) |
 |
| Kim, Lori and Aunt Sue got me a set of g diapers. I was so excited to get them because I watched Kelly use them with Miller and I look forward to being able to cut into the cost of diapers using these. Plus, they are just so cute. (Spoken like a true mom-to-be who hasn't had to wash anything out of them...) |
 |
| I feel like I have been looking at baby products for so long that I had seen everything. Apparently not, because Aunt Emma surprised me with a "Soothing Spa and Shower" bathtub. It's like a little mini jacuzzi with a hand sprayer. I want to test it out on myself first, and give myself a pedicure... :) |
 |
| The Aunts have a tradition of making a quilt together for the newest baby to be born. Since there are so many Great grandbabies (the generation below me), they are quickly becoming known as the Great Aunts! My Great Aunt Quilt was so perfect for me it was like I picked it out and designed it myself. It is made out a flannel and minky, with a simple, small shaped pattern. The colors are so perfect, that I almost want to hang it on the wall. |
 |
| My mom made pillows that match the blanket she gave me in Sanger. It is funny to me how every print we picked out (the curtains, these pillows, the great aunt quilt) all go together even though they are different. |
 |
| My sister decided to reject the cliche baby boy items, and went with a muppet theme. I had already been thinking about having him be Kermit for Halloween, so it is funny that she thought of this! |
 |
| I texted her that she can be proud that she had the only gift that made me cry: a print that she made with a line from one of my favorite songs by Lauryn Hill. (2:11) |
 |
| Another amazing quilt from my mom! He has so many outfits and so many quilts that I am going to have a pretty quick rotation to get through them all! |
 |
| Shirley gave him this sweet hoodie that says "Surf" and explained that he will now be ready for Cayucos this summer. :) |
 |
| I was so glad Alicia and Lily were able to come to the shower, even in the midst of their busy trip to SoCal! |
 |
| Madison was able to debut her amazing new haircut. We also got to meet her friend Lisbeth. |
 |
I think Vanessa likes to give shoes. She got him his first pair of chucks, in bright green. :)
I guess we are ready for him to come, now that we have recieved everything that he could possibly need! I cannot say enough how thankful I am for everyone at all of our showers who made food, gave their time and bought gifts. I can't wait to share him with everyone. :)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment