Monday, March 12, 2012

Epiphanies, conversation snippet style

me: I feel like I am ready for him to be here, but not to go through what I have to go through for him to get here.

John: I am ready for him to be here, and to be Miller's age.

***

John: I want him to know his family and who is cousins are.

Delaney: I will make sure he knows who his best cousin is.

***

me: you are going to be a dad.

John: blank stare

***

me: I feel like his sleeping patterns are more important to me than how quickly he meets developmental milestones.

John: I want him to learn how to not need to be entertained all the time.

me: We have no idea what we are getting into, do we?

John: blank stare

***

John: Let's go for a short walk.

me: whine

John: It will be good for you and help with labor.

me: whine, whine

John: Just around the block.

me: A walk just around the block is a waste of time because it doesn't burn any calories. You have to walk for at least 30 minutes to be worth the time.

John: Any amount of movement is better than sitting on the couch.

me: whine. Ok, but can we have a frosty after?

John: Of course.

No comments: