Monday, June 14, 2010

Fun Time at the Park

We were inspired by John's brother Justin who got a bunch of people together to play softball one of the last times we were there to visit. (Remember when I played softball and didn't die?) On our way home, John and I thought "Duh, why don't we do that more often?"

We decided to ask people to meet us at the park across the street from our house Sunday night after church, but instead of softball (let's face it: I was pressing my luck with the not dying thing playing softball for one game. I can dig sports that don't involve running or dirt a little more...) we played corn hole. Yes, I know this is a strange name, but it is derived from the fact that you throw bags of corn into a hole. Get it? It is a strangely addicting game, and pretty easy to get the hang of it.


My mom was commissioned to make new corn bags since the old ones were left in the sprinklers and sprouted as a result! She was surprised to find that there are very technical rules for making, measuring and weighing the corn bags.
Raising my goblet of rock to the fact that I just scored the 6 points in one round that made us win the game!










Shain was on my team, and we were pretty proud to beat Anthony. We didn't gloat or anything, but Anthony and his dad Craig are known for being pretty hard core since they are the ones who introduced us all to the game.





My mom getting pretty in to telling a story. It was fun to hear the laughter coming from this table while everyone was playing. Denise has the best laugh ever. If you need a laugh, do something to get her tickled. It's guaranteed to be infectious!




How cool is the effect of this picture? I love my camera!








The kids also had fun playing at the park.
We had a great time, and plan to do it again.
I am officially putting it out there...
I want to have a potluck on Sunday, July 4th at 5 p.m. We can eat at our house, then play in the park and then watch the Upland High School Fireworks from our front yard, so bring food, your favorite games and a lawnchair or blanket. Everyone is invited!
Oh my goodness. Did I really just say that? I guess there is no backing out now...

No comments: