Me on the beach in Prince Edward Island. This was the summer between freshman and sophomore year, and was a pretty special trip. My dad and sister remember it a bit differently, as they didn't care about all things "Anne of Green Gables" related like me and Kim did.
Gracie, Dylan and Kate on Halloween 2003. Little did we know then that this "costume" would be eventually considered boring by today's dressing standards...
Before being kidnapped on my 16th birthday. Mary Anna and Regan woke me up at 5 in the morning, got me dressed up and took me out to breakfast. I walked around school like this all day. My mom was worried that I would be mortified, but at my school, this was a badge of honor.
Melissa and Nick's wedding, June 5, 1999. I remember being overwhelmed because I was in the middle of taking finals and writing essays and had to stop to be in my childhood friend's wedding. It was a surreal feeling, but it was obviously a good thing for many reasons, the best of which is that Melissa marrying Nick and moving to Clovis would mean that I would meet John almost exacly 8 years later!
Thanksgiving 2003. I love Gracie's frowning smile and Kate's hair.
Man, I miss these guys so much. This is of Alex, Darren and Jeff from Phantom Planet. They had just performed in our local Virgin Megastore and it was an awesome experience. I am bummed often that they are no longer together.
Part of the reason I am bummed they are no longer together was the experience of me and Kate going to concerts, and then introducing friends to it. We corrupted Vanessa many a time!

Me and Melissa in San Jose on our way to the Winchester Mystery House. Me, my mom, peggy and melissa busted a mission there for my 15th birthday.

Makes me sad to look at this picture for many reasons, and I can't even go into right now.

My surprise trip to Universal City Walk for my 16th birthday. We ate dinner at Hard Rock then went shopping.
My first year of teaching, at Open House. I didn't walk at my college graduation because it didn't feel like I had accomplished anything. This night, having my room ready, being able to interact with students and parents, meant MUCH more than any cap and gown could have. I love all of these women.
Wow. This picture is hard to look at, but it still contains many memories. These were my suitemates in London, and we were all gussied up to see a play in Covent Garden. Living in London was in many ways a perfect time in my life, but the only thing that disappoints me is that I was not the person that I am today. As you can see, I was very unhealthy in my habits, and my tastes were not nearly as refined as they are now. I think I could have enjoyed it so much more than I did. I think I just need to go live there again for 3 months so can I have an even better experience.
Wow again. This one is also hard for me to look at, but for the opposite reason. I was so thin! And worse yet, I couldn't even see it. When I looked at this picture for the first time, all I could see was how the stripes made you look directly at my stomach. This was definitely an unhappy time in my life, I was alone, I wasn't teaching yet (this picture was taken of me during a lesson as part time art teacher) so I concentrated all of my efforts into losing weight. I remember going into my little prep room record how many calories I had eaten so far that day, to see how many I had left. If I ran out of calories at 4 in the afternoon, too bad... Can you tell what my issues are?


No comments:
Post a Comment