I wanted to show myself (and I guess, my readers) what I have gotten done in this month, and to make concrete plans for what I will accomplish in the next month.
So far I have:
- lost 10 pounds and have actually stuck to my eating plan!
- read Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. Right now I am reading The Life and Times of the Thunderbold Kid by Bill Bryson
- enjoyed a long weekend with Madison and Delaney who stayed with us while their parents went out of town. We had fun going to Disneyland and just hanging out.
- enjoyed a long lunch with the Grow's for John's birthday
- managed to surprise Tammy both with her party and her gift
- planted plants in my front yard
- picked out my new curtains and couch
- sold some of our old furniture on craigslist
- participated in our church building clean up day
- watched innumerable episodes of Top Chef
- gotten addicted to Beverly Hills 90210 episodes, circa 1992
- managed a 96% in my hardest masters class so far. I typed 36952 words over 12 assignments in 5 weeks. I have a week off, then I start my next class.
- exercised consistently playing "Just Dance" on Wii
- enjoyed a lovely evening in the park playing corn hole with friends from church
- actually met up with a new friend at Victoria Gardens, just to chat and browse
- been on part of the Socal Quilter's run
- downloaded music by Tom Petty and also the Black Keys. I also made the perfect summer play list.
- driven John's old truck.
- participated in monthly Bible studies in the homes of brethren.
Concrete goals for next month:
- painting my living room and hanging up pictures
- helping my mom make my curtains and hang them up
- throwing a 4th of July potluck at our house
- seeing "The World of Color" show at California Adventure
- lose 10 more pounds
- go to Cayucos for the weekend
- have lunch at Julie's house for Teri's birthday
Plans I still need to make:
- learning more about photography
- cleaning out the back room
- deep cleaning of shelves, base boards and floors
- when I will go back into my classroom (yuck)
- having my wisdom teeth taken out
It feels so good to be relaxing, and also to be getting stuff done. I hope to make good habits that I can keep up when the school year starts and I am zapped of my energy (especially the exercising and eating right.)
My favorite part has been spending time with people. Usually in Summer I turn into a hermit, and lose all of my social skills (the few that I have!) It has been nice to have Madison and Delaney around, to have friends I can meet up with, and to be keeping in touch with my online friends near (Teri) and far (Kalinda), new (Miranda) and old (Aubrey). I always have fun with my mom and Aunt Judy, and even though quilting is not my thing, I enjoy being around it.
I am the most excited about being brave enough to invite people over to have a party. I want to be open and hospitable, so I am hoping I can just keep the momentum going and get better about spontaneously having people over.
Here's to making goals, and meeting them!
1 comment:
I looove reading your blog and seeing what you guys are up to this way! So, so fun. Also, it's fun to give Rob reports on the foods you're making John try, the places you're going, etc.- it's so funny to see the similarities in us as couples. Hope you guys are well! And p.s., I totally told Rob you lost weight just by seeing your cooking picture. I was staring at your oh-so cute waist! Way to go!!
Post a Comment