I have also been thinking about old pictures because of what friends have been putting on facebook. John's friend Michelle put a bunch of old pictures from their days hanging out in high school and beyond, at Pismo and doing other fun things. When he showed them to me it made me feel incredibly wistful for reasons I couldn't quite understand. Maybe because I can't imagine a time when I didn't know him and love him? That made me think about myself in those same days, and how wierd to think we were both just moving along, not knowing we were made for each other.
My awesome friend Kalinda also put some pictures of herself in high school. She was one of those people I would have admired for being so confident in high school. Even though we didn't go to high school in the same time or place, I would have admired her bravery and willingness to be herself (pink hair and piercings and all!) in such a confining environment as high school can be.
Anyway, I spent some time going through my old pics this morning. I got just as wistful about looking at them, like I don't even know who that girl is! I remember the EXACT feelings I had about my hair or my size or my friends in literally every picture.
They were super awesome times, but I wouldn't go back for anything. That girl would be happy for me right now.
Junior Year Rancho Cucamonga High School Newspaper staff. I joined because my friend Nicole (to the right) convinced me to. It was a fun time with friends during 6th period, but I don't think I took it too seriously.
My high school best friend Mary Anna. We shared a love of No Doubt, Matt Damon and making fun of other people. This was in AP US history.
Me and Kim getting ready to go to my first concert, the Dixie Chicks at Arrowhead pond. I remember feeling proud that I looked a bit thin in this picture, and that my hair looked pretty straight. I would guess this was 2000?
First day of 7th grade. I was in love with those Chuck Taylors. They were three different colors, and I would proceed to wear them until they fell apart.
Goofing around at the Shorts' house. I am guessing it must have been at the annual Graduation Party, since the date is Jun 06.
I have genuine love for this man. Mr. Palicki was one of the toughest teachers I ever had (and would have after!) but I couldn't wait to go to his class, which was AP English. He is wearing our graduation gift to him: a hat that said "I once thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken." (As a side note, sitting next to him was the guy who had driven me absolutely crazy since 7th grade. He was in everyone of my classes from 7th on... I was SO glad to know I would never see him again!)
If Mr. Palicki was one of the toughest teachers, Mrs. Palicki was definitely the toughest. I had her Junior year for honors English. You might remember that one of the best days in my life revolves around her: I got an A on one of her essays and she used it as an example of perfection in front of her class! I was her Teacher's Assistant my Senior year, and I used to love going to 6th period to have heart to hearts with her. I have kept in touch with her over the years, and she even came to our wedding!
Walking up the aisle with my cousin Alex at the end of Kim and Bill's wedding.
Goofing around in Melissa's front yard. She lived in the coolest house at the base of Red Hill. Many cool parties were had there, and fun times in the hot tub! Aubrey and Becci had come home from Florida College to visit. This was before going to Knott's Berry Farm, I would guess in like 1997?
Junior Year portrait from Sears. I remember thinking that my hair seemed pretty straight, and that I wasn't embarrassed to pass these pictures out to my friends.
PS I have another stack of pictures to scan... The process is taking much longer than I was expecting, so I will have to do it in portions...
1 comment:
Ok, LOVED this post! So fun to see you change through the years via your pictures! I'm in the midst of making a blog series of my story and am uploading oodles of baby and childhood pics. Time consuming to say the least!
Post a Comment